Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lush Your Feet in…LUSH!

So as I mentioned in a previous post, I was having really bad heel pain in my right foot and I started to look for a foot lotion to moisturize my sore tired feet.

I've always been interested in the company, LUSH- they are against animal testing, everything is fresh and handmade. But I've always been put off by the fact that a boy I had a thing for- his girlfriend used Lush products so eh- bad association :P 

But the mall I really like has a LUSH store and so I decided to check it out to see what they had to offer!

BTW the SA's of LUSH are great! They listen to your concerns and they really take their time with you- its great! Also they have a  "hand wash" area so you can actually try their products.

So after I told them about my concern about my feet they recommended- their Fair Trade Foot Lotion


Fair Trade Foot Lotion
The color reminds me of Pepto-Bismal- but let me tell you its a great product! It doesn't leave a tingly feeling on my feet (as I really want) but it still has both peppermint and spearmint oil. The lotion also contains arnica which helps with discomfort and pain. Arnica is a type of plant that belongs to the sunflower family. It supposedly helps with swelling and pain.

I asked for a sample and the SA was more than willing to give me a sample to use at home.

So did I end up purchasing it?

No…and why?

1) I'm not the biggest fan of the smell of the lotion- its not just a minty smell…not sure how to explain it other than it reminds me of smelling my grandfather's medicine cabinet. Not that bad- but not something I want to be smelling at the end of the day.

2) It is expensive- about $24 for 7.9 oz. A little goes a long way, but at the end I really want a lotion that actually feels tingly when I put it on my feet. It does feel tingly on my arms and what not- but its my feet that needs the lovin'.
         I should add that Burt's Bees Foot Cream (which I haven't tried yet, but plan to) costs about $9 a bottle for about 3.38oz so if you compare it to that, I guess Lush's Foot Lotion is thaaaaaaaaaaaat expensive.


How do you take care of your tired feet?
What is your favorite foot cream?


XOXO
S


No comments:

Post a Comment