Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bye-Bye :(

I like to keep my hands clean. I wash my hands pretty often and when I do wash my hands I scrub them pretty well- make sure I really get rub and wash my fingers. If I'm away from soap and water and I really want to wash my hands (hello having a job as a nanny and being OCD about germs) I walk around with hand sanitizer.

Sadly washing my hands a lot and using hand sanitizer quite often leads to my hands getting rough and dry.

That's why I was a big fan of Bath and Body Work's Anti-Bacterial Hand lotion!

Granted, when I first started using the product I didn't really see the need in having anti-bacterial hand lotion and especially something that smelled like sweet pea. BUT now as I use my hand sanitizer more often I'm so disappointed to report that Bath and Body Works have discontinued their Anti-Bacterial Hand lotion collection :(  I thought it's the perfect product for people who want to make sure their hands are germ free but also offer that additive of moisturizing your hands!
image
Do you have a favorite hand sanitizer/anti-bactieral gel? Let me know!

XOXO,
S


P.S. I know theres debate over if using anti-bactieral and hand sanitizers all the time is actually a good thing. (Have I mentioned I'm a Biology major?) The worry is that by using hand sanitizer and killing off so many germs that sooner or later we would find ourselves with a virus or bacteria that is resistant to the said hand sanitizer/anti-bacterial making it impossible to treat it with the current medicine we have- causing a big huge outbreak! (okay maybe I'm exaggerating a bit…) Thus several top scientists/researchers/doctors recommend washing your hands with plain old soap and warm water instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment