Sunday, March 31, 2013

Poor Feet :(



I like to walk, I like to walk a lot and I'm a power walker.

My power walking comes from my grandmother. She lives in Japan and I remember almost having to jog to keep up with her when we walked to the train station several years ago.

When I went to school in Cleveland, I would power walk my way to class -especially in the snow & cold) so I could 1) make it to class on time even if I left last minute from my room 2)I don't like wasting time walking :P

I also love to walk- when I was in Paris last time I walked from Notre Dame all the way to Champs Elysees. I don't remember how long it took me- over an hour for sure- but it was great. I also walked around the Louvre museum for over 7 hours and I think I saw practically everything the Louvre had to offer (minus the closed exhibits) at least once.

ANYWAY…I also have a bad right ankle. How bad you ask?
An ankle I effed up from wearing platform shoes (remember Bongo's platform shoes back in the day) and would twist my ankle from trying to run in them :P

So every once in a while my right foot just hates me- especially my ankle and I have a difficult time walking (I limp a bit) in the morning. On really bad days I wrap it up- but I like ballet flats so that rarely happens :P


Recently instead of my right ankle hurting its the back of my feet thats been in pain. And by pain I don't just mean "ouch it hurts to walk a bit" but "AHHHHHH I CANT WALK ANYMORE!" and making me limp and walk awkwardly not just in the morning but alllllll day.
According to webmd and looking at the symptoms it seems like its a case of plantar fasciititis (I know I should go to an actual podiatrist).

Anyway I needed something to ease the pain of my right foot (I'm not a big fan of OTC pain medication unless necessary since I take Advil every so often for my migraines) so I started using peppermint oil to massage my feet at the end of the night. Its not a complete cure but I love the smell of peppermint and the tingly feeling of peppermint.



Massaging it with peppermint oil is great but I wanted to see what beauty stores offered so I went on a mission…. Here's a review of one of them:


C.O Bigelow's Mentha Foot Tingling Foot Cream available at Bath and Body Works for $14.00
(By the way right now Bath and Body Works is offering a buy 2 get 1 free for C.O Bigelow products!)



The cream itself is pretty light- and when it touches your fingers, it leaves a slight tingle. It also smells great and just like peppermint! I massaged it on my feet and I sadly have to say- it did not give me the tingle feeling that I had hoped from it. Again- smells great, leaves my hand tingly, leaves my feet nicely moisturized and a great way to massage my poor feet- but not tingly as I hoped.

So I give this product 3 stars- its a great foot cream to massage on your feet at the end of the night to moisturize it and rub out all those aches and pains. But if you're looking for something to give you that "tingly" feel on your feet- this is not it.

What is your favorite foot moisturizer/cream?

XOXO

S










No comments:

Post a Comment