Monday, March 11, 2013

Peach Bellini Please :)

 I grew up with horrible acne. My mother had horrible acne when she was growing up and my grandfather had horrible acne when he was growing up (luckily for him, his was only bacne :P) And thus I'm sure that one day when I eventually have kids- they will also have horrible acne (and blame me :P)

Luckily my acne seems to be under control right now…but now I'm stuck with horrible acne scars that plague my cheeks :(

So…in the beginning of this year I walked into my favorite beauty store; Sephora and asked…

"What do you recommend to treat acne scarring?"

The sales associate (SA) there recommended these:  Peter Thomas Roth's Max Complexion Correction Pads











(Photo from Sephora.com)




He explained to me how they will cleanse and exfoliate my skin, help prevent acne (as they have salicylic acid) and overall help with my past acne scars.
I asked for a sample and the SA gave me a pack of 5 to take home to try :)

And so I did! After a nice relaxing shower on a Friday night I used a pad and gently wiped my face with it. It smelled great, it cooled my skin but it also really tingled and burned my skin. The burning sensation wasn't too bad- it was something I was able to withstand and the next day my skin looked  brighter, clearer and most importantly not red or irritated.

I used a pad about once a week till my samples ran out and I have to say- they worked great…but I wasn't completely sold on having to spend $36 dollars for 60 pads and I also want something that isn't going to make my skin say, "AHHHHHHHHHHH that tinnnngggllllesssssssssss".

For those who are interested in the Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Pads- the reviews I've read of it on Sephora are all great. It does say to only use them two or three times a week- not every day. Some do report tingling/burning sensation but most seem to be okay with it/say that it "shows" that its working. Also one pad goes a long way- I used one for my face, my neck and then my back.

Check back soon for a report on what Sephora recommended next! :)

XOXO
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment