Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coffee, Coffee, Coffeeeee!

I'm a loud and proud Starbucks addict.

I started young when it came to my coffee addiction as my mother would treat me to Starbucks when she would study there when she went back to school when I was in my later years of elementary school. I quickly fell in love with this: 1187214-9-1362168139364_largeCaramel Frappuccino I also made sure to order it decaf :)

Of course that extra "decaf" soon left my tongue when I entered high school and my Starbucks addiction followed me to Cleveland when I attended school there for several years.

When people asked me where I lived prior to coming to Ohio, I would proudly tell them "Seattle!" And usually the next words that left their lips were either "Oh where Starbucks started?!" or "OMG does it rain a lot there?!" (Btw it doesn't rain that much here- I believe our total amount of rainfall isn't that bad, although we do have quite a lot of days where rain is expected/seen in our forecast).

ANYWAY…as I entered college and realized that Starbucks really isn't 'college budget friendly' when it comes to drinks like Caramel Frappuccino, White Chocolate Mocha and the like I started to drink things like Cafe Misto (and thankfully I started this trend when Starbucks still offered free syrup shots to their gold card members :P) and soon enough I even started to enjoy the taste of just plain old coffee (with cream and sugar of course :P)

And to justify my daily dosage of coffee here are some health benefits of coffee :)

Benefits to coffee
Now I'm not sure how true these all are- for example the one about caffeine during pregnancy- the problem with that one is what is "moderate consumption?
And I'm sure there are other factors that add things such as dementia and alzheimer's- I don't think just drinking coffee is going to keep you "alzheimer's and dementia" free- (but as I do have a family member who had alzheimer's- this will be my new excuse :) )
Also I should add this is COFFEE not peppermint mochas, or caramel frappuccinos or the other sugary drinks- this is just plain old coffee and remember it says "cups" not grande or ventis :P


Now time for more coffee! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment