Thursday, March 14, 2013

21 Ways You Should Take Advantage Of Your 20s | Thought Catalog

I stumbled across this from a friend's Facebook and wanted to share it with everyone :)

21 Ways You Should Take Advantage Of Your 20s | Thought Catalog

And here are some of my favorites:

2. Ask for what’s owed to you. Half the time, you’re not getting your needs met because you’re not making them known. Your employers, romantic interests, and friends are not going to read your mind and give you what you need unless you speak up.
              People CAN'T read your mind- so tell them, straight up. I've always known this in the back of my head but have only recently started to actually understand and practice it. 


11. Stay up late. In your 20s, you’re all, “Let’s go to another bar!” “Who wants to eat at a diner?” “Have you guys seen the sun rise from the High Line?” “In this moment I swear we were infinite!” When you get older, this becomes, “What are you doing? Go home. Watch Parks and Rec and go to sleep. What is wrong with you, staying up all night? Who has time for that?” If you’re in your 20s, you do. You have all the time. Do it now and take advantage of how not tired you are. You think you’re crabby now when you stay up too late? You’ll never believe how terrible you feel when you do it in your 30s.                                                                         
             I wish I stayed out later when I was in college- I honestly do. I turned down a lot of invitations to go out since I was already in my dorm and just wanted to "chill". I really regret that. I do like my sleep- but as they say, "sleep when you're dead." 


14. STOP PROCRASTINATING YOUR TRIP ABROAD. YOUR CHANCES OF TAKING A LONG VACATION ABROAD DIMINISH AS YOU BECOME MORE SET IN YOUR WAYS AND AS YOU GAIN MORE RESPONSIBILITY.
                ONE OF MY FAVORITE ADVICES!!!! I WANT TO TRAVEL THE WORLLLLDDD. (however I hate plans with a burning passion) 
      
17. Sit down, unplug, and read non-fiction. Do this daily. None of your peers are doing it. They’re playing video games and refreshing Facebook and Gmail chatting about nothing in particular. After a month you’ll be smarter than all of them.
            This is something I would like to do :) The only non-fiction things I usually read are either my textbooks/books for school or the newspaper. I've always been a history nerd- reading some good non-fiction history books sound like fun :) 

18. Walk into Forever 21 and grab every single crappily-made floral dress available. Is every other girl on the street wearing it? Is it literally falling apart at the seams? Is it also actually five dollars? BUY IT IMMEDIATELY. When you get older, your clothing becomes all expensive blazers and tailored khakis and other pieces that won’t break while on your body. That will be a great day — the day when your closet starts to look respectable. Though those outfits are more expensive, they also last longer and look better on you. You will be a classy human ready to take on the future. But as long as you’re still in your 20s? You know — the demographic of Forever 21? Game on, stretchy black dress with pockets that lasts about a week. Game on.
           Haha- don't get me wrong I like Forever 21 and I have some clothes from there that I've worn a while and haven't fallen apart yet nevertheless they aren't the best in quality :P. Also this gave me an excuse to go shopping- I like that :) 



Did you have a favorite? 
Do you have a bucket list to do before you turn 30?

XOXO, 
-S 

No comments:

Post a Comment