Monday, March 11, 2013

DIY home made hair mask

So I've been trying to grow my hair out since I cut it pretty short February 2012 and by pretty short I mean close to pixie but not that short, but shorter than a bob.

 I then went to get my hair cut when I visited my grandparents since my grandmother is bffs with a salon owner there and its "recommended" to get your hair cut while you're there in other words unless you're only in town for a day or two its guaranteed that you'll have a reason or two to visit it. It was just a trim but they still took off more than an inch :P

ANYWAY….fast forward to the beginning of this year and OMG my hair is dry and crisp at the ends. I know I need to get my hair trimmed but I'm the kinda gal that when I sit in that hair salon chair and have to shell out at least 40 dollars to get my hair cut- I'm ready to chop off my hair and I'm not ready to do that yet. So…I needed a fix for my dry hair.

And look what I stumbled upon!

DIY home made hair mask

Its a simple recipe of a honey & olive oil hair mask. I also used a bit of canola oil with the olive oil and let me tell you- even in just one usage my hair became smooth! Even the ends!

Some of you might be a bit weary about the honey in your hair (I was one of them)- but I didn't have a  problem about washing out the honey. I did make sure to stick to the ends/middle of my hair and to stay away from the scalp since the last thing I wanted was to have honey hanging out in my scalp :P

I did also leave it in for about an hour…maybe more :P I was watching an episode of Suits and then spent a bit of time on Tumblr & Socialbliss a bit longer than I expected :P

Its an inexpensive and simple DIY homemade hair mask that I recommend for anyone!

XOXO
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment