Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lemony Fresh!


So after trying out Peter Thomas Roth's Max Complexion Correction Pads I was recommended Ole Henriksen's Lemon Strip Flash Peel.


Ole Henriksen - Lemon Strip Flash Peel














I tried it on Saturday night after a nice relaxing shower and I hate to say it…it stung and itched worse than Peter Thomas Roth's Max Complexion Correction Pads.

I was a fool  and kept the mask on the 10 minutes as the direction said and the tingling feeling died down around minute 5…but still it was really uncomfortable and I was more than happy to rinse my face afterwards. I didn't notice a benefit from it the next morning only 2 red areas on my cheeks that get dry easily (even after moisturizing my face after the peel).

I did read the reviews on Sephora.com and it has a higher average rating than the PTR's Max Complexion Pads. Many of the reviews do note that they had a "tingling" feeling when they first put it on- but the feeling I had wasn't just tingling- it was itching and burning.

Also some of the reviews on the site include personal pictures from users and you can definitely notice a difference! Several users say that they have sensitive & dry skin and that it didn't irritate their skin. Users do say that it works for acne scars, current acne problems and with dark spots.

It's $48 a jar and from my personal experience a little definitely goes a looooong way- so it seems expensive but don't worry you wont be using a jar a month or anything :P Also this isn't something you want to do nightly- it seems that most users just use it weekly. According to the comments on Sephora.com people have used it for a month (so a total of 4 usages) and "it doesn't look like I've used any of it."

So…this is something I would highly recommend to first ask a sample from Sephora and see how you like it on your face. Sephora is amazing when it comes to giving out samples (most places are) and see how it works on your skin!

Have you tried Ole Henriksen's Lemon Flash Peel? How did you like it?
Is there a product that you use thats similar to it?

XOXO

- S

UPDATE:
When I went into Sephora next to see what else would be better- the SA there told me that Ole Henriksen's Lemon Flash Peel would be more irritating than PTR'S Max Complexion Pads- so I would NOT recommend this for people with sensitive skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment